Without proper attic insulation and balanced ventilation, your attic may retain heat, potentially allowing moisture to build in the attic cavity during times of seasonal cold.
The Roof Hospital Exteriors specializes in attic ventilation and insulation. We can inspect your attic space and determine the unique needs of your attic and will advise what changes can be made to increase air circulation and prevent moisture build-up.
If you have concerns with your attic they will need to be addressed when the weather allows for such activity.
What To Look For:
- Dark stained roof sheathing
- No light coming in through the soffit
- Ducting is not insulated or appears to be installed incorrectly
- Very few roof vents or undersized roof vent openings
- Inadequate insulation (Below 18.5 inches in depth)
Causes For A Non-Functional Attic:
- Inadequate insulation
- Blocked or partially blocked soffits
- Heat transfer through attic hatch (non insulated hatch or poor weather stripping)
- Heat transfer through the top side of pot lights or fans (no insulation and/or poly wrap covering them in attic)
- Poor ducting connections (warm moist air can escape into the attic rather than out the proper ventilation location).
- In adequate amount of exhaust vents, and/or incorrect install
- Humidifiers not set to seasonal recommendations